NACo membership is an investment in your county's future because the association works to ensure that counties have the resources, skills and support needed to successfully lead their communities into the future. Your county's membership with NACo saves you and your county time and money and helps you grow professionally.
NACo's Programs and Services offer your county unique opportunities to help your residents, your employees and your county meet the needs of the future
The Legislative Department represents you and your county in Washington, DC and speaks with one voice representing the interests of the nation's counties and their residents
Education and personal development helps you better serve your county by giving you countless opportunities to learn and grow through conferences, webinars, forums, and other networking opportunities
Research materials and data provide information about counties and what they do including data and demographics, sample ordinances and model county programs
Communications allow you to stay current about essential information. NACo can save you time and provide you with exactly what you need through the NACo web site, County News, blog posts, podcasts, issue specific newsletters, and social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
NACo is the only national association that represents county governments in the United States. NACo provides essential services to the nation's 3,069 counties and advances issues with a unified voice before the federal government, assists counties in finding and sharing innovative solutions through education and research and provides value-added services to save counties and taxpayers money.
For more information on county membership or to join NACo, contact:
If you have specific questions about membership programs, or require an immediate invoice, please e-mail or call
, Director of Membership Marketing, at 202.942.4221.
Also, contact Andrew to receive a packet of information about the many NACo membership exclusive benefits and programs including "how to join," and one will be sent to you. Please provide the following information:
- Contact name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Specific programs you are interested in receiving more information on
Get more information on the many benefits of NACo membership in the Member Center.â€‹â€‹â€‹
The commitment of the Association County Commissioners of Georgia (ACCG) to help county government operate both efficiently and effectively is best demonstrated through the success of its member services programs. These programs leverage the collective purchasing power of county government, resulting in high quality programs that meet specific needs paired with outstanding customer service and lower overall costs. Many of ACCG's member services extend beyond county government to include county employees as well as other government-related entities such as authorities.
ACCG offers a wide range of programs and services in the following areas:
- From workers' compensation and property & liability insurance, to group health care benefits and inmate medical savings, ACCG offers competitive rates through self-insurance pools and volume pricing. ACCG also provides the Local Government Risk Management Services
for jurisdictions that participate in the insurance programs to provide safety and wellness training and consulting to help counties limit risk exposures and contain costs.
- ACCG offers comprehensive retirement services through defined benefit, defined contribution and deferred compensation programs. The volume of funds managed through ACCGâ€™s retirement services allows for the highest quality fund investment oversight, actuarial review and administration, allowing jurisdictions to offer customized retirement options for their employees.
- ACCGâ€™s financial services programs are designed to offer competitive rates and ease the application and administration process for counties for projects ranging from equipment leases to the construction of facilities and more.
Group Purchasing/Employee Discounts
- Counties and county employees have access to a variety of discounts for programs and services through preferred partnerships offered by ACCG. Cellular phone service, computer hardware, rental cars and discounted natural gas are just a few of the options available through ACCG.
- Because all counties are members of ACCG, the association is uniquely positioned to provide technical assistance and assist counties in solving complex challenges. From government relations to sustainability, ACCG monitors trends, shares best practices and provides consulting services throughout the state.
Neighborhoods, USA is a national non-profit organization committed to building and strengthening neighborhood organizations. Created in 1975 to share information and experiences toward building stronger communities, NUSA now continues to encourage networking and information sharing to facilitate the development of partnerships between neighborhood organizations, government and the private sector.
The organizational mission of NUSA has, since its inception, been to build and strengthen neighborhood associations and to promote productive communications and collaborations between those associations and both the public and private sectors. The organization has, for over thirty years, served these broad objectives in part through the conduct of an annual conference. This provides an opportunity for people from all locations, sectors and levels of society to discuss the pressing issues of the times, share experiences and offer encouragement or assistance.
NUSA's primary goal is to help create vibrant communities in which all residents benefit. It is the intent of NUSA, in promoting these collaborations, to achieve greater understanding of the premise that neighborhoods are truly the building blocks for overall community well-being. It is important that municipal officials recognize the opinions and suggestions of neighborhood associations as expressions of the quality of life issues with which they are concerned. NUSA affirms its role as advocate for neighborhoods by providing information and alternatives to help coordinate efforts for creating long term solutions to the unique problems faced by municipalities and neighborhoods across the nation.
A City/County Membership with Neighborhoods, USA (NUSA) demonstrates support and recognition of the value provided by establishing collaborative partnerships with municipalities and other organizations that advocate citizen participation in the governmental process.