Fulton County Logo
Contact the County
Board of Health banner

How Do I Obtain a Birth Certificate From Another State or Another Country? | Print |

The Fulton County Board of Health's Vital Records Office has certificates only for births that occurred in Fulton County. You can find information on obtaining certificates from other states or U.S. territories on the Internet at http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/howto/w2w/w2welcom.htm.

For information on obtaining birth documentation for a birth that occurred outside of the United States or U.S. territories, you can find information on the sites listed below:

  • If you are requesting a copy of the birth certificate on file in the country of birth, you may contact the U.S. Embassy in that country or that country's consulate located in the United States.
    Reminder: This document will most likely be completed in the official language of the country of birth.
    Addresses and telephone numbers for consular offices in the U.S. can be found on the Internet at http://www.state.gov/s/cpr/rls/fco.
  • For U.S. citizens born abroad, if you need a replacement copy of the Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America, you can find information at the following U.S. Department of State Web site: http://www.state.gov/s/cpr/rls/fco