Applications for Voting by Mail
Georgia voters no longer need a reason to vote prior to Election Day. You may vote by mail or participate in Advance Voting.
GUIDELINES for ABSENTEE BALLOTS by MAIL
- Applications for Absentee Ballots by mail may be received up to 180 days prior to an election.
- Separate applications are required for each election.
- Official Absentee Ballot Application forms can be faxed or mailed from our office or you may pick up applications, limited to 20, from our office -130 Peachtree St. SW, Suite 2186 Atlanta, GA 30303-3461.
- Military and Overseas voters may apply up to 1460 days (4yrs) in advance for ballots through the second General Election (election code 21-2-219(d)).
- Military and Overseas citizens are now permitted to apply for absentee ballots by electronic transmission, email as attachment, in addition to the formerly allowed mail, fax and in-person methods.
- Any elector meeting the advanced age criteria of 75 or over or has a physical disability may apply for ballots for all elections through the General Election, except the Presidential Preference Primary (election code 21-2-381); if they indicate â€śAllâ€ť elections. Permanent overseas residents are mailed special ballots with Federal candidates ONLY (President, Vice President, U.S. Senate or Representative).
Absentee ballot applications distributed by persons, entities or organizations shall list ALL acceptable categories of absentee electors and require the elector to select the category which qualifies the elector to vote by Absentee ballot. (election code 21-2-381(a)(2))
ABSENTEE BALLOTS by MAIL - HOW TO OBTAIN A BALLOT
Applications may be in one of the following forms:
- Personally written request with all required information received by mail, fax or in person.
- Absentee Ballot Application obtained from the State, the Web or Fulton County (in-person).
- Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), issued by the Federal Government, Embassies and consulates. The form is available on the web at: www.fvap.gov.
PLEASE NOTE: Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) for Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot to be used by Military Personnel or voters in remote areas of the world. FEDERAL ELECTIONS FOR FEDERAL OFFICE ONLY
Please mail absentee ballot application to Fulton County Department of Voter Registration and Elections; 130 Peachtree Street, SW; Suite 2186; Atlanta, GA 30303
For further information regarding Voting By Mail, please contact the Voter Registration Division by calling (404) 612-7060 or by fax at (404) 730-8839.